Ready to launch your Wix website? Run through this checklist to make sure you have the essentials taken care of before you go live.
1. Edit your business settings - From your site's dashboard, on the left-hand side click on "settings". You'll see a section that says "business info". Here you'll edit the following:
Name of the business
Business contact information
2. Edit your website settings - From your site's dashboard, on the left-hand side click on "settings". You'll see a section that says "website settings". Here you'll edit the following:
Favicon - this is the small image that shows up in the tab when someone is on your website. If you need to create one, head to canva.com. Most companies use their logo as the favicon.
General social image - this is the image that shows up when your website link is sent to someone. If someone texts you a link, the photo you see right there is this image. You can make this on Canva as well!
Add your Facebook username
Site history - Wix keeps a backup of your website EVERY time it's saved or published. You can restore any version of your site you've ever had. So there are no worries if you make any mistakes in the editor!
3. Set up to accept payments - From your site's dashboard, on the left-hand side click on "settings". You'll see a section that says "accept payments". In here you'll edit the following:
What payment methods do you want to accept - Wix offers a ton of methods for collecting payment from customers. The main ones being credit, debit, Paypal, and manual payment. When manual payment is enabled you're allowing your customers to check off that option and pay their bill in person or through a method such as venmo, cashapp, zelle, etc.
Connecting your bank account - Before you can cash out any payments made to your website you need to connect your bank account. Hit "complete setup" and it will have you upload your license, bank statement and further details to begin the verification. It will take 3-5 business days for your bank account to be verified and then you will be able to process payouts from your Wix account
4. Check your site's mobile version - The majority of your users will be coming to your site from their phones. You want to make sure your the mobile version of your site is seamless, giving the user a smooth experience.
If your website is live already, simply pull up the link to it on your phone and you can preview it that way
From the dashboard of your website, you're going to want to go into the editor by clicking "edit site" in the right-hand corner
Once you're in the editor, you'll automatically be viewing the desktop version. To view your mobile version you'll click on the symbol that looks like a cell phone in the left-hand corner of the toolbar.
Once you click this icon you'll see the mobile version of your site.
To preview it, click on preview in the top right-hand corner and you'll see what your website looks like on a phone
If you need help making sure your mobile version is working properly and looks just as good as your website, schedule a free consult with me here.
5. Preview your site and run through all of its features - Before you start marketing your website, run through the user experience yourself and make sure it's a simple process. It's even beneficial to send the link to people on your team or in your life to have them test out the functionality. Here are a few things that you can check to make sure your site is ready to be live:
Make sure all of your buttons are connected
Check all of the links on your site
Fill out your contact form to test the interface
If you have added plug-ins or apps, make sure they're working correctly
Look at one of your blog posts and make sure it can be seem properly, all too often the post page is forgotten in the editing process
Test out your checkout process as well, just like the blogs the checkout page tends to get left out in the editing as well
If your site is live you can use the link to test your site. If your site is unpublished, click on "edit site" from your website's dashboard. Once you're in the editor click on "preview" in the top right-hand corner and you'll be able to test everything out
If you need help setting any of this up or if you need a custom website created for your business, schedule a free consult with me here.